Friday, January 22, 2010

Read it and Don't Weep

For those of you that know me, you know I don't read much...unless you count reading Us Weekly during a pedicure as reading.  I have recently signed up for a book club with some girls and I am so excited. Just from the emails going back and forth I can tell these are going to be some fun girlies.  I am also excited because this will force me to read things that don't have to do with work.

I guess since I have always loved what I do it didn't matter to me to curl up in bed with a great book about cochlear implants.  Pathetic to most...I know.

SO in honor of my soon to be (fingers crossed) hobby I thought I would post about one of my favorite work related books.

The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease.  This is a must read for any parent...not just parents of children with special needs.  I bought mine on Amazon.com for like 10 cents before shipping.  I would've paid MUCH more because it is that good.  It is a must-have for anyone in education or speech as well.

I could go on and on.  I can't even pick which great things to tell I learned because there are so many.  Just take my advice and check it out. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment